- "A noble, ethereal shrine. Inside, however, darkness swirls with malevolence."
- — Quest counter description
The Dark Shrine (Japanese: ) is an area in Phantasy Star Zero.
- Mother Trinity (boss)
- Dark Falz (boss)
There are several missions that can be undertaken by the player at the Hunter's Guild quest counter. Certain quests grant the player rewards for beating them on specific difficulties.
These extra quests are only available once characters have reached a certain point in the main story for the character they are using. They can only be accessed upon making a multiplayer room either locally or online.
|Black and White||Normal||Monogrinder x3|
|Darkness Revived||Normal||Photon Drop x1|
|Hard||Photon Drop x2|
|Super||Photon Drop x3|
Although not important to the main plot of Phantasy Star Zero, Dark Shrine has several side quests that can be undertaken. These missions are optional and can be challenged with friends in local and online multiplayer.
|Mother's Memory||Normal||★★★☆☆☆☆||Spirit Garb (2 unit slots)|
|Hard||★★★★★★☆||Spirit Garb (3 unit slots)|
|Super||★★★★★★★||Spirit Garb (4 unit slots)|
|To the Future||Normal||★★★☆☆☆☆||Taxion Gun (0% additional stats)|
|Hard||★★★★★★☆||Luxion Gun (0% additional stats)|
|Super||★★★★★★★||Tachyon Gun (+30 Accuracy Adj.)|
If the player decides that they want to explore the area without an apparent goal or mission, Dark Shrine can be selected under "Access field." The difficulty and challenge ranking are as follows:
Message packs are mysterious messages found on the field that were left behind by unknown hunters. Many of the tutorial messages and LMA reports appear to be from the same person. Messages commonly appear after clearing dead-end rooms or around special areas such as the arena or pizzeria.
- "There are some obviously different from the others. They're both tough."
- — King and Queen
- "Huh? What is this place? An audience? Hostiles? Aiyeeee! Help me!"
- — What's an Arena? 4
- "Wanted: Challengers confident in their skills. Survival not guaranteed."
- — The Arena Challenge
- "The legendary pizza that time shaped into a weapon! Enjoy! It's bombalicious!"
- — Coco Hut
- "Poison mist is just wrong. There should be a switch somewhere, but, blecch."
- — Dear Rookies 18
- "Visible traps are sometimes scarier than the invisible ones. Poison spikes?"
- — Dear Rookies 19
- "Shadows and light that move as living things? Splendid be this place, splendid!"
- — LMA Report 28
- "So much for a Eulid's beauty. With little grace it flails when facing destruction."
- — LMA Report 30
- "The sword of Phobos returns when thrown. Perhaps the sword is the sentient one?"
- — LMA Report 31
|Major Characters||Sarisa - Kai - Ogi - Dairon - Ana - Reve|
|Antagonists||Mother Trinity - Dark Falz|
|Planets||Coral - Arca|
|Locations|| Dairon City - Naura Bakery - Coco Hut|
Gurhacia Valley - Ozette Wetlands - Rioh Snowfield
Oblivion City Paru - Makara Ruins - Arca Plant - Dark Shrine - Eternal Tower
|Weapons|| Swords - Sabers - Spears - Daggers - Claws - Double Sabers - Slicers - Shields|
Gun Blades - Handguns - Mech Guns - Rifles - Bazookas - Laser Cannons - Rods - Wands
|Techniques|| Foie - Zonde - Barta - Gifoie - Gizonde - Gibarta - Rafoie - Razonde - Rabarta - Grants - Megid |
Resta - Anti - Reverser - Shifta - Deband - Jellen - Zalure - Ryuker